Free Radicals is an activist collective dedicated to creating a more socially just, equitable, and accountable science. We create accessible resources for political education on the intersection of science and social justice and collaborate with local progressive organizing efforts on issues related to science and technology.
To learn more, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We envision an open and responsible science that works toward progressive social change.
The mission of Free Radicals is threefold: Accessibility, Political Education, and Social Change
Increase access to scientific knowledge by:
- Reducing the use of technical language and defining technical terms
- Making scientific findings and technology more available and open to people outside of academic science
Develop a collective political education about the structure and biases of science by:
- Exploring the historical, political, and cultural context of science
- Challenging assumptions about the ‘objectivity’ and supremacy of Western science
- Examining the relationship between Western science and systems of inequality
Invest in social change by:
- Creating new resources that critique and expand ideas about the purpose and goals of science
- Building and supporting scientific research projects led by and for marginalized communities
Follow us to get more rad content about social justice and science!
Logo by Alexa Fishman